Southtowne Rotary Club truly appreciates your participation in the Club’s Annual Wine & Salmon Festival. To avoid misunderstandings, we wish all guests to be aware that you will incur charges for the following activities:
- Being the highest bidder for specific items in the Silent and Oral Auctions;
- Bidding on desserts in the Dessert Dash;
- Agreeing to donate specific amounts in support of designated Southtowne Rotary Special Appeals, as announced and solicited by the Auctioneer; and
- Having the Center for Meeting and Learning (LCC) staff open a bottle of wine that you bring to the Festival or purchase from one of the participating wineries/wine vendors. The corkage fee is $7.00/bottle. All bottles must be uncorked by Center for Meeting and Learning (LCC) staff. Pay the corkage fee to staff at the time that your bottle is uncorked. (There is one exception to this provision. Southtowne Rotary is placing two bottles of wine on each of the sponsored tables. Southtowne Rotary is covering the corkage fee for these bottles.)
Specific Rules regarding the Silent Auction:
- Bids are made by writing your bid number and bid amount on the next open line on the bid sheet displayed near each item. Please observe the minimum bids listed on each sheet.
- Each increase in bid must go on the first available blank line of the bid sheet. If the bidder just before you has “jumped” up several lines, your bid must be for a larger than his/her bid. Bid on as many items as you wish, and review your bids frequently, as sections of the Silent Auction close at different times.
- As each section closes, auction personnel will circle the bid number of the highest bidder. No bids may be entered after the section closure time. The final judge of the successful bidder for every item sold in the Silent Auction will be the Festival Chair.
- Placing your bid number on a bid sheet constitutes a legal contract to buy that item. All sales are final, and there will be no exchanges or refunds except where specified.
Specific Rules regarding the Oral Auction:
- The Auctioneer will conduct the Oral Auction. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser.
- If you wish to bid on an item, raise your Festival Program with your bid number (which is written on the back cover) clearly visible so the Auctioneer or “spotter” will see your intention.
Check Out Procedures:
Please note that Check Out will begin after the conclusion of Southtowne’s Special Appeals solicitations at approximately 9:00 PM.
- Get your invoice – The Accounting Table will generate an invoice containing all Silent Auction and Oral Auction items won, plus Wine Raffle ticket purchases, your bid in the Dessert Dash, and any donations you have made to Southtowne Rotary Club Special Appeals. Invoices will be listed by Bid Number, so please have that number ready when you go to check out.
- Payment – All payments for the evening (except corkage fees), including donations, will be taken at the Cashiers Table.
- Gather your Auction Item(s) and Wine Raffle Winnings – Collect your Auction items and Wine Raffle winnings at the “Distribution” table. Festival staff will be at the table to assist you collect these items.
- Items must be paid for in full on the evening of the Festival. We will accept cash, personal checks, VISA or MasterCard. We cannot accept payments made by Discover or American Express cards. (Checks payable to Eugene Southtowne Rotary Foundation.)
- All items must be removed from the Center for Meeting and Learning (LCC) on date of event, unless otherwise specified.
- According to the Internal Revenue Service, only the amount paid for an auction item “in excess of the actual fair market value of the prize” is tax deductible. If you make a donation to support one of Southtowne Rotary’s projects, you will receive a mailed receipt from the Eugene Southtowne Rotary Foundation.
- All donated services, vacation packages and gift certificates must be used by December 31, 2017, unless otherwise stated. Some vacation packages have date restrictions. See specific package descriptions for more information.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. The Festival Committee has attempted to catalog and describe the property, vacation packages, and services correctly, but all items are sold “as is” and the Festival Committee, Southtowne Rotary Club, and the Southtowne Rotary Club Foundation neither warrant nor represent, and shall in no event be responsible for, the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, or condition of the auction items. No statement contained in the catalog or made verbally at the Festival or elsewhere shall be deemed to be such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to adhere to all expiration guidelines.
- All “experiences” sold at the Festival are to be undertaken at the sole risk of the purchaser. The Festival Committee, Southtowne Rotary Club, and the Southtowne Rotary Club Foundation are not liable or responsible in any way for loss, injury or damage to any person or property.