Countdown to Event:
Annual Wine & Salmon Festival
Thank you to all that attended and contributed to another successful festival! Check back for information on our 2019 event.
Southtowne Rotary holds an annual fundraiser. Our event is usually in March and our 2018 event was held at the Eugene Hilton.
For our 2018 festival, our focus was once again helping kids in need. Our efforts reach local and international youth, who without this help, might become discouraged and feel life offers a closed door. Proceeds benefit these local and far reaching projects in which our Rotary club is involved (and many others):
- College scholarships for promising students who likely would not have the opportunity to attend college w/o the scholarship
- Youth House Project (project for homeless youth, spearheaded by St. Vincent de Paul)
- Food boxes for families in need, in connection with Food for Lane County
- Educational materials for Head Start
- Project Amigo, helping to support education for students in Mexico
- Stove Team International, providing healthy and efficient wood cook stoves
- San Miguel de Allende School for the Deaf
The Oral Auction and Dessert Dash were the grand finale of our 2018 event.
Stay tuned for big changes coming for our 2019 event!
Guests were treated to welcoming remarks by Terry McDonald, executive director of St. Vincent de Paul of Lane County.
St. Vincent de Paul’s Youth House was the focus of our special paddle raise during the live auction of our event.
Please watch the incredible video about this project.
Rotary’s motto is “Service Above Self.” Southtowne Rotary is comprised of business people and social service agents who work together to give back to our community. Southtowne depends upon community friends like you to help us reach these goals.
March 2018 Festival Features
Wine, Beer & Spirits Tasting
A Wonderful Raffle